Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cover Crazy: Daughter of Smoke and Bone

SO this time we're featuring a book which has multiple covers.
This week, we have The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
These are the covers most of us know:
I like these two: the first one is intriguing but sorta odd to see. The second one with the iridescent feathers would look so much more beautiful on hard back!                              
I loved the Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor but I have a bone to pick with the cover designer for the Indian version of the book's cover.
   Now, this I don't get at all! I would never pick this book up because the cover just looks REALLY weird. What were they thinking? I don't like the red and blue together, and it looks like she's a stork.
Then there's this one, this beauty in blue:
    Although the feather looks like a corn-stalk and the cover doesn't really tell us anything about the book, the texture and fonts are lovely. A clean, beautiful cover for hardback. I love the blue.
BUT THEN I FOUND THIS ONE! AND I DIED!
                                                       
THE GERMAN COVER!!! Oh, this one is gorgeous. Gorgeous with its colors, gorgeous with the blue-haired model, the font, the silhouette of Prague.
They recently announced that Universal is going to do a movie on DSB, which I will be dying to see. 
So which one do you like? 
And since I've given you so much DSB eye candy, I'll leave you with something I found on the official website http://www.daughterofsmokeandbone.com/
  Nice, huh?! 
Read my review of this book here: REVIEW
So did you read DSB?  Planning to?                                                                                                          

4 comments:

  1. That first alternate cover didn't show up. But I agree... that German cover is to die for! LOVE it! Oh and I loved this book as well. Can't wait for the next one to be published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all amazing covers. This is a pretty unique book. I love the feather mask in the US cover.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

Images used in this blog are either digital art created by the author or free photographs. Reviews and views expressed on this site are strictly personal. Text by Varsha Dinesh is copyrighted under Creative Commons.